Jeffrey D. Sollender Scholarship
Jeffrey D. Sollender College Scholarship
Recognizing outstanding teens who demonstrate great achievements in the workplace, entrepreneurial ventures, or community service.
Jeff Sollender was a highly accomplished entrepreneur, businessman and philanthropist with boundless energy and optimism who was always available to help others in pursuit of their dreams. He was the founder and/or board member of numerous biotech companies and is remembered for his wit, brilliance, creativity and devotion to his family. The Scholarship was established to continue his legacy of helping others to achieve their potential and contribute to the world.
One – two scholarships totalling up to $3,000 will be awarded.
Criteria for scholarship:
- Must be a graduating high school senior in San Diego County who plans to attend a four-year college or university. Funds may be applied to college tuition, room and board, and fees.
- Must demonstrate outstanding achievement in the workplace, entrepreneurial ventures, or community service.
- Have a minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA.
- Have a gross family income of no more than $90,000 per year.
- The scholarship is granted without any commitment of any future financial assistance.
- The scholarship may be renewed annually based on eligibility, demonstrated need and funding availability. Graduate study will not be considered.
- Open to all faiths.
Email Sarah Schatz or call 858.279.2740 for more information.