2014-15 Jewish Teen Foundation
The 2014-2015 Jewish Teen Foundation of San Diego was committed to understanding and strategically funding organizations that actively work toward securing human rights for women and children.
- American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee – Grant Amount: $2,250
Supporting the Kishinev Day Center in Moldova for children with disabilities who are not receiving any other formal education due to their disabilities.
- Casa De Amparo – Grant Amount: $3,750
Supporting residential service for youth, up to 18 years old, who have been traumatized by severe child abuse or neglect.
- Hadassah – Grant Amount: $5,000
Supporting Bat Ami Center for victims of sexual abuse at Hadassah hospital in Jerusalem.
- Promises2Kids – Grant Amount: $2,000
Supporting the Youth2Youth and Health and Wellness programs to benefit foster youth.
- The San Diego LGBT Center – Grant Amount: $3,250
Supporting the Hillcrest Youth Center, the only drop-in center in San Diego County solely dedicated to the needs of LGBT youth.
- Voices for Children – Grant Amount: $3,750
Supporting the Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) program that matches adult advocates with children in the foster care system.
- Yemin Orde – Grant Amount: $5,000
Supporting the Empowerment Project for young women living as foster youth in Israel.