Making a Difference for San Diego
- Your organization is registered with the IRS as a 501(c)(3) and has obtained a determination letter.
- Your organization’s fundraising and business development expenses do not exceed 20% of your overall budget.
- You are requesting a grant for work to be done strictly in the San Diego region. Your organization’s location and proposed program services must be within San Diego region.
- You are requesting a grant for programs and/or services provided exclusively to: Veterans (not on active duty), Seniors (60 years old and older), or Children (25 years old and younger).
- Religious organizations are okay that do not actively seek to proselytize.
- Cushman Foundation’s Making a Difference for San Diego does not support grantmaking in the following areas: environment, animal welfare, non-educational arts program, athletic events or programs, capital campaign and endowments, political activities, social events, research, individual personal endeavors, or general operating expenses.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I view the grant application guidelines?
Please visit our website at jcfsandiego.org and click the Cushman feature on the homepage banner.
Do I have to attend an orientation session?
Yes, attendance at an orientation session is required. Credentials will not be provided to organizations that do not attend and applications submitted by organizations that do not attend will be disqualified.
How do I register to apply?
Please visit jcfsandiego.org and click the Cushman feature on the homepage banner. To access the registration, click the blue orientation dates to open the Eventbrite website.
When is the grant application available?
Grant applications may be accessed Monday, February 24, 2020.
When is the grant application submission deadline?
Grant applications are due midnight on Friday, March 20, 2020.
When are the grants to be awarded?
Grants will be disbursed over three years in equal distributions with an annual maximum of $50,000. The initial grant distributions will occur before June 30, 2020.
May we submit more than one grant application?
Yes, each successful grant application must address how your organization and its programs and/or services provided exclusively to: Veterans (not on active duty), Seniors, or Children would be Making a Difference for San Diego, and how this grant would enable that to happen.
How do I login to begin the grant application?
You must attend an orientation session to receive credentials to apply. Then, on February 24, 2020 using your new unique username and password you may access the application using the JCFConnect Donor Portal.
What are the next steps after submitting my grant application?
Following the close of the application and as part of the review process, finalists will be contacted for an in-person interview.
I have another grant application pending with the Cushman Foundation, may I apply for the Making a Difference for San Diego Grant?
Yes, this opportunity is a separate grant and we encourage you to apply.
What is the ‘Children’ demographic age range?
The Cushman Foundation will accept Children programs and/or services for 25 years old and younger.
What is the ‘Senior’ demographic age range?
The Cushman Foundation will accept Senior programs and/or services for 60 years old and older.
May past Making a Difference for San Diego awardees apply for 2020?
Yes, we encourage you to apply.